Are You Kids Ready to Start the School Year?
This is the time of year when teenagers need to sometimes make the difficult transition from summer clothes to items that are more suited for the classroom. Teenage skateboarders can still love their outdoor activities, but the need to leave their Supreme caps at least in the locker, if not in the car or at home. Likewise, many of the Supreme merchandise that is such a part of long days in the sun with friends and family, school often requires a tamer and more dignified selection of clothing.
Many graphic tees and baseball caps are the perfect things to wear when you are hanging downtown with friends on a summer night, but they are not always the most appropriate fit for days in the classroom. And while there are some students who still rebel when it comes to dress codes for school, there are many times when some of the favorite clothing lines offer different styles that are wearable in a wide range of settings.
School Clothing Styles Are Often Quite Different from What Kids Wear in the Summer
From flip flops to short shorts and graphic tee shirts with suggestive messages, there are many items that are much better if they are not worn at school. Even when you have favorite tee shirts that you wear on a fairly regular basis all summer, it is important to know when to up your style for the school year.
Supreme caps are sometimes school appropriate, but most schools do not let the students wear any kind of hat during the school day. Consider some of these statistics about the latest fashion trends, some that will work in the classroom and later in life, and some that will not:
- People decide on your trustworthiness within a tenth of a second, so many parents agree that it is a good thing that students learn at an early age to follow dress codes.
- An unattractive person has a 62.02% chance to receive a callback after completing an interview.
- In comparison, an attractive person has a 72.3% chance to receive a callback after an interview. If you can make yourself look more attractive by the clothes you wear, why not go for that advantage?
- All it takes is a tenth of a second to form an impression of a stranger from their face, according to a series of experiments by Princeton psychologists Janine Willis and Alexander Todorov.
- Although they might boost your confidence in your judgments, longer exposures do not significantly alter first impressions, so what you wear that first day matters.
Deciding what to wear to school on the firs day of school can be kind of a big deal for many students, but no matter what choice you make it is important to make sure that you make the best transition from summer attire to clothes that are more appropriate for a school setting. Although it is always a little sad to see the end of summer arrive, at least kids know that as soon as the bell rings they can again don their favorite Supreme caps and other more comfy and relaxed attire.